Ans -A marine descaler is a chemical solution designed to remove mineral deposits and scale buildup from marine equipment such as heat exchangers, pipes, pumps, and other water-cooled systems. Mineral deposits can form from hard water, seawater, or other sources and can reduce the efficiency of marine equipment by restricting the flow of water and reducing heat transfer. Choose the best boat descaler from SAL Marine at the most affordable price.
Coolants & Descaler
SAL Marine VOLVO Penta Marine Engine Coolant and Boat Descaler
SAL Marine Engine Coolant and Boat Descaler is a ready mix concentrate of antifreeze and water designed for the marine industry to maintain the heat of the boat engine and to increase its performance. A boat engine coolant and descaler stop the water from freezing under cold conditions, and it also aids in increasing the boiling point of the water in the system to avoid overheating. Engine coolant and descaler also help prevent corrosion and marine deposit formation in and out of the engine or motor, causing engine cooling and performance.
About VOLVO Penta Coolants and Descalers
Salmarine VOLVO Penta Marine Engines Coolant and Descalers is a ready-mixed concentrate specifically designed for VOLVO Penta Engines. A VOLVO Penta Engine runs either on a green or yellow coolant as the engines get hot and very hot while in use and get cold when not in use or while storing. Thus, VOLVO Penta Coolants and Descalers are used to protect the engine and engine oil to keep necessary parts of the engine running and free from damage. Furthermore, the additives in the coolant protect aluminium and aluminium alloys, which is perfect for modern engines (diesel and petrol).
VOLVO Coolants and Descalers in the engine prevent the cooling system from heating and damaging the important parts of the engine. While during the winter, it stops the liquid from getting frozen.
Moreover, VOLVO Penta coolants and descalers', both green and yellow, have similar properties.
Key Characteristics of Marine Engine Coolant and Boat Descalers
- A VOLVO Penta marine engine coolant & boat descaler easily removes unwanted marine deposits, including scale, salt deposits, light rust, magnetite and crustaceans, resulting in improved marine engine performance.
- Based on our experience with this product in heating systems, VOLVO Penta marine coolant and descalers are safe on metals, plastics, rubber gaskets and seals.
- They are non-corrosive
- Extends the engine’s lifespan
- Prevent damages caused by mineral deposits
- Decreases the engine wear & tear
- High boiling point prevents overheating
How to Use Boat Engine Coolants and Descalers
Using boat engine coolant and descalers can leave your coolers with a mud-like coating after they congeal.
Note: Never mix Volvo Penta coolant VCS (yellow) with Volvo Penta coolant (green). Formulated for specific engine generations, each of them contains unique additives that are not compatible with one another. Volvo Penta recommends using the same coolant type initially delivered with the engine. Still, if you want to change the coolant, then we will suggest first consulting a marine engine specialist/engineer.
Furthermore, after consulting, if you are changing the coolant & descaler from green to yellow or vice versa, then follow the steps below:
- Firstly, you need to drain all the current coolant in the engine.
- Secondly, you need to flush the engine's cooling system with oxalic acid and demineralised water.
- Thirdly, allow the engine to get completely dry,
- Lastly, once it is completely dry, you can pour the desired coolant & descaler.
Volvo Penta ready mix coolants are diluted to a 60/40 - water/coolant.
Recommended mixture Anti-freeze protection
- 40% concentrated coolant -25°C
- 50% concentrated coolant -35°C
- 60% concentrated coolant -46°C
If you are unsure what your engine needs, consult your owner's handbook or get in touch with us.
Gear Oil – Keeping this running smoothly!
Marine gear ensures that your boat's bottom unit's important moving parts are shielded from water-related wear and corrosion. It even prevents the freezing of the bottom units throughout the winter.
- Green coolant service life is for 2 years
- Yellow VCS coolant service life is for 4 years
VOLVO Penta Marine Coolant and Descalers Products We Offer and their Benefits
VOLVO Penta Engines, which are manufactured after 2017, use VOLVO Penta VCS Yellow coolant.
However, both yellow and green coolants and descalers have similar properties.
VOLVO Penta marine engine coolant and boat outboard descalers offered by Salmarine are:
- VOLVO PENTA VCS YELLOW CONCENTRATE COOLANT 5L - VP22567295
- VOLVO PENTA VCS YELLOW READY TO USE COOLANT 5L - VP22567314
- VOLVO PENTA VCS YELLOW CONCENTRATE COOLANT 1L - VP22567286
- VOLVO PENTA READY MIX COOLANT 40/60 MIX 5L - 22567233
Benefits of Volvo Penta Coolant and Descalers are:
- They both are non-corrosive in nature
- Aids in expanding the engine lifespan
- Prevent freezing and overheating of the engine
- Protect the engine from cavitation, ageing, swelling, cracking & scale build-up
- Don’t leave any deposits in the cooling system.
Explore Our Categories For More Boat Chemicals & Oils